• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems Amazon's LOTR Prequel Is A Flop

It's alright. -ish. Not like theres a Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire around these days to watch instead.

Wheel of Time, if it was Rosamund Pike just sitting there reading a book for an hour, I'd watch it. It's alright -ish as wel so farl. I don't see how they're going to keep it watchable as a functional story once the characters storylines diverge in later books, we'll see.

Ok, so going by my memory. ( I did watch the whole serie again a week ago) the rings were given out to elves, dwarfs and men and a super duper one to rule them all. Then a guy lobed off the guys finger and got the ring. Then somehow it got in a lake and was found by smeegle. He kills his friend and turns into Gollum and goes to live in a mountain. Later Bilbo finds it and uses it to help kill a dragon and keeps it on a mantle as a souvenir. Then a fellowship decides to destroy it and does. Ok, I'm jaded. But, I didn't see it used to rule much. I guess in real life somethings evil potential is scaryer than what happens when people do what's right. Imo

Good synopsis... but there's a bunch of places Sauron uses The Ring to twist what the other ring-bearers do in the Silmarillion stories...

I just finished the 2nd episode and so far it's not bad. The writing isn't great, but it's not bad either, and so far the only 'woke' aspect is that most races seem to have a mix of colors.

I don;t see it shaping up as good as the LOTR trilogy, but so far it's not bad. Always time for them to screw it up though. Amazon did an almost perfect job on all the seasons of the Expanse, then messed up at the very end.

Back
Top Bottom