Selling 1964 Ford Galaxie 500?

Hood is fine, we just took it off to drain fuel and check out engine. 20151016_165920-800x450.jpg 20151016_170156_001-1280x720.jpg 20151016_170748-800x450.jpg

68k on the odometer, tag expired in 1995 which was the last time it was on the road. All chrome, hub caps, gauges and interior look good except door panels. Seats probably have been recovered and it's been repainted a long time ago, carpets were rolled up but look fair from what I glanced at. Some rust on the bottom of the door and bottom of front quarter panel with some rust through spots, no other rust that I noticed. Chrome, logos, windows, and lights were there. No brakes, engine turned over but we didn't try to crank it. 289 with automatic.

Anybody have a clue what she's worth?

View attachment 568534 View attachment 568535 View attachment 568536 View attachment 568537
to be honest if it will crank and run with gas in the carb its worth more but in current condition 2500/5000 dollars..high end with running and stopping all electrics working..but with out personal visual inspection its a crap shoot...most would offer 1500 dollars and towing it away..the 390 and larger big motors draw motor money this condition would be considered class five with major work for getting it to condition 4 running driving all safety equipment working class three condition would triple the amount spent from getting it to this class... for sentimental value and or family car you will invest three to four times the value of the car to get it to cruise in car show driver quality,which usually exceeds the maxim current price value
for make model trim and motor package

Last edited:
Carb is probably all gunked up
Strainer sock in the tank is probably clogged
Brakes probably need new shoes and cylinders

Shouldn't take too much to get it running and driving
Least it's not a four door....

If you leave the dust on it and out "barn find " in your ad it doubles the price

Carb is probably all gunked up
Strainer sock in the tank is probably clogged
Brakes probably need new shoes and cylinders

Shouldn't take too much to get it running and driving
Least it's not a four door....

If you leave the dust on it and out "barn find " in your ad it doubles the price
I agree 100% do NOT wash it. People are crazy over original patina right now. I'd put it in Hemmings. Ps look up the v.I.n. number because it could have some rare options. Good luck with that beauty.

Since I passed on wanting to keep the car my cousin finally decided he would take it. According to the will, he can't sell it for awhile. The money would have been nice but knowing my grandfather's car will be staying in the family and fixed back up is worth it.
I'm glad to hear that. I've got my grandpa's 68 Chevy c10 & I've turned down some very VERY good offers just because it to is family.

Back
Top Bottom