• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling for a friend?

Should people be able to list items for friends?

• Yes!

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No!

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Tacos!

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Cake!

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
If you cant transact on your own guns, stay home. I bet half the people who claim they are selling for friends arent really selling for friends, rather only looking for this "friend" to blame when something creeps up with malfunction or quality issues. Bad idea. We are talking about firearms. Then you have the feedback issue.

I'd have to answer yes to that one! I've listed several for a friend. He's an excellent gentleman with less than great computer skills. I've listed them and let him do the follow up himself. I've never had a complaint shot back at me for this except from the admins of another forum that I'll not mention. He has certainly passed on some deals. I'm pretty sure I saw one that he sold re-listed immediately and sold at a higher price by another member. With the economy as it is (government announced today that the recession is over) I'm pretty sure that a number of others that are unskilled with computers (read older folks) will be asking their friends to help them out.

I my case I have preferred to let them contact him directly. Something to think about Steve, at the other site I asked if I could just set him up an account and list for him. His computer skills do work well enough to handle emails but not well enough to handle pictures ads etc. I was told that this would show up as a double account in my name due to the IP address and create problems. If Setting up someone else an account from my computer and just supervising him would not be a problem I could do this with no trouble.

I'd have to answer yes to that one! I've listed several for a friend. He's an excellent gentleman with less than great computer skills. I've listed them and let him do the follow up himself. I've never had a complaint shot back at me for this except from the admins of another forum that I'll not mention. He has certainly passed on some deals. I'm pretty sure I saw one that he sold re-listed immediately and sold at a higher price by another member. With the economy as it is (government announced today that the recession is over) I'm pretty sure that a number of others that are unskilled with computers (read older folks) will be asking their friends to help them out.

2X's on this. The feedback goes to the person listing the item. I've sold stuff for older folks or friends that don't want to deal with the sale. The catch is, before I will agree to sale for a friend I have to have a bottom dollar from them and the firearm has to be with me at all times. I do the deal from start to finish and had them the Bill of sale (if they want one) and the money.
I don't care too much for the "call him, not me" post, but I just move on to the next listing.

Back
Top Bottom