• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling for a friend?

Should people be able to list items for friends?

• Yes!

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No!

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Tacos!

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Cake!

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
I'm ok with a member posting for another possibly computer illiterate person. However we should be talking only to the "friend" none of this he is busy and he told me to meet you and to do the trade crap....That is when I would turn my back on a deal in a second.....And as was mentioned above many want to "sell it for a friend" when in actuality it is theirs and they know there are some real problems with it, that way they can blame it on their "friend"........

Post for a friend....ok
But we should only be talking to and meeting this friend....not the poster.

This!!

If you cant transact on your own guns, stay home. I bet half the people who claim they are selling for friends arent really selling for friends, rather only looking for this "friend" to blame when something creeps up with malfunction or quality issues. Bad idea. We are talking about firearms. Then you have the feedback issue.

I did it once for a good friend. His computer was broke. All I did was list the gun, price and my friends phone number.......LMFAO...he never got even 1 call!!!!....but thats the last time for me.!!

I think its ok for people to list items for friends but when it comes to the actual sale I wont do the deal with anyone other than the owner. I want to meet him in person before I buy a weapon from him.

And of course it goes without saying that buying firearms for a friend is out of the question.

I have done it a couple of times and never ran into any issues. I suppose it comes down to if your friend is someone you trust completely then you don't mind doing it. I always just listed the items, price and gave his phone number and let all of the dealing be handled by him. I realize the issue of feedback but that goes back to only doing it for someone you trust. Just my .02

I wouldn't do it...when I think back on all the problems I've had to deal with ......99.9% were due to trying to do something like this for a friend. If the deal goes sour, you get the blame.
As someone once said "NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED."

Hey treat it like all other posts, if you don't want to do it then don't. If you read a "for friend" listing and it isn't your cup of tea then move along. But allow those that don't have a problem with it to do it. Another .02 that ain't worth much.

Back
Top Bottom