Sept 30

MAK

Hen of Fame Supporter
GGT Founder
58   0
Reaction score
Went out for a few hours yesterday afternoon but got tired and came in probably about the time they started moving... Had one go past me this morning before light then got a nice surprise at 9:30. About 30 yards away moving up the hill along a thick spot I saw a little 10 point. Short tines and not a great rack but they all taste the same. Was trying to line up a shot but thats the worst direction as far as available shots for me. Couldn't get anything I was comfortable with not being sure what the midpoint arrow trajectory was. Then I saw movement behind him and following about 20 yards back was a larger 10 point. Not huge but respectable. Came real close a couple times to pulling the trigger but just couldn't find a shot clear enough to feel good about. I tried a bleat call as they were getting out of sight. The one i could still see stopped and looked back but wouldnt come my way. Oh we'll, hopefully I'll get another opportunity. Haven't seen any that large up here for several years so glad to know there are some around.

That's what I'm talking about!

Hopefully you'll see them again for a good shot on the big boy
Soon.

I remember I called that big white racked buck not too far from your Place during early archery with a random doe
Bleat.....no shot Though.
Maybe he will show up at your
Place.....haha.

That's what I'm talking about!

Hopefully you'll see them again for a good shot on the big boy
Soon.

I remember I called that big white racked buck not too far from your Place during early archery with a random doe
Bleat.....no shot Though.
Maybe he will show up at your
Place.....haha.
So I guess you had no luck yet with the new x-bow?

So I guess you had no luck yet with the new x-bow?

Not yet.
I had a magician buck sneek up on me in stealth mode.
I just happened to scan left and saw movement for a second.
He was playing stop and go very slow.
At one point I saw a small basket of a rack.
I watched intently but he must have moved every time I blinked because he vanished.

Back
Top Bottom