• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shame on Benchmade??

https://www.recoilweb.com/benchmade-destroys-guns-internet-in-flames-147391.html

We also reached out to the Oregon City Police Department’s Public Information Officer, Captian Shaun Davis, who informed us that it was Benchmade employees that were photographed cutting the firearms, not employees of the city. He also clarified that the third party service that they use for evidence destruction in accordance with state law requires all of the property to be destroyed to fit inside a particular size box. When asked what size the box was, Davis was unable to provide dimensions while speaking with us. While it is within the law for the police department to auction off seized firearms, Davis stated that in the 20 years he has been employed at the Oregon City Police Department, they have never sold firearms to licensed dealers.

before this they stated

These guns were required to be destroyed. We reached out to Benchmade to do us a favor at our request. Benchmade is a strong supporter of law enforcement and the Oregon City community. We were present when the guns were cut and we took them for final destruction.

They did not need to destroy them but the police department doesn't sell any firearms at auction or to dealers, sounds like the department is ran by a certain group of people.

That PD sure did screw Benchmade by posting that picture. They screwed themselves, of course, but it appears the PD posted the pic. I can't fathom Benchmade posting it. Too bad, so sad. They helped out the PD by cutting the guns, and the PD thanks them by sinking their company. Bahaha!!! Dang...

What’s that saying? No good deed....? :lol:

Reactions: MRH
Don’t own any benchmade, and not a fan of destroying guns, but once it has been mandated that a firearm is destroyed there’s nothing that can be done. They don’t seem to be part of a bigger gun grabbing conspiracy, they just destroyed some guns used in crimes confiscated by the police. The police stated that they are not a gun store, and the guns were doing to be destroyed no matter what was said.
Benchmade aren’t policy makers, they just seemed to be helping the police with the inevitable. When they start destroying guns that were taken from law abiding citizens, then I’ll throw my arms up and stomp around.

Don’t own any benchmade, and not a fan of destroying guns, but once it has been mandated that a firearm is destroyed there’s nothing that can be done. They don’t seem to be part of a bigger gun grabbing conspiracy, they just destroyed some guns used in crimes confiscated by the police. The police stated that they are not a gun store, and the guns were doing to be destroyed no matter what was said.
Benchmade aren’t policy makers, they just seemed to be helping the police with the inevitable. When they start destroying guns that were taken from law abiding citizens, then I’ll throw my arms up and stomp around.

Yeah, honestly this is where I’m at with this as well. It doesn’t appear that Benchmade was assisting the government in ‘confiscating assault weapons for destruction’, but rather assisting the police with destroying guns that were legally required to be destroyed. If people are really upset about that, they should take it up with their politicians/police force, rather than putting it all on Benchmade. I don’t like seeing guns cut up, but if there was no legal way to get them to their owners, that’s not on Benchmade. It’s likely that Benchmade was seeing their action as ‘backing the blue’ rather than ‘anti 2a’.

Now the political contributions thing, if all those contributions are made on behalf of the company - that’s extremely stupid, and they should have had the foresight not to openly contradict most of their customer base like that. Really stupid move. Then again, they are in Oregon, so it shouldn’t be too surprising that they’re not an ultra-conservative company.

brazil-weapons-1-1496482078.jpg

Well they're going to be destroyed anyway, so we might as well help them because we back the blue. When there are door to door gun confiscations, will you still show your support? This is not to be taken as an anti police comment.

We're all just frogs in a pot.

Now making the news on social media - apparently Surefire gave ~$10,000 to a California anti-gun Democrat. Way more than Benchmade, and a company with probably even higher brand value and market share.

Back
Top Bottom