• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharing the road with bicyclists

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
218   0
Reaction score
Sharing the road with bicyclists law is BS.

Let me be clear I do not mind a kid or an adult riding around on a bicycle in the neighborhood or on a trail designated for bicycles. I don’t even mind semi pro bicyclists who are on a race or competition where the roadways are temporarily marked for vehicles to know a race is present.

It’s these semi pro assholes that get on the open roads taking up 3/4 of a lane on double yellow lines using 45-55mph roadways, always riding during sundown conditions, heavy traffic, or windy backroads.

A young girl hit and killed a bicyclists a while back in my area… as well as an elderly man who did the same in similar spot… I have nearly hit bicyclists on more then one occasion and I PAY ATTENTION when I drive.

We as vehicle drivers should not have to share the open road with semi pro bicyclists unless some kind of minimum standards are applied and local police/GSP endorse/enforce them.

⚫️ GA Bicycle endorsement w/ 90 hours of bicycle safety class specific to roads.

⚫️ 24 month license renewal of license with additional 8hr refresher class

⚫️ Register their bikes with the state of Georgia and have paperwork on them.

⚫️ Pay tax and mount a required reflective bike tag specific to their county on their property.

⚫️ Have liability, property, and medical insurance through someone like Geico or Statefarm

⚫️ A term life insurance policy

⚫️ Minimum of 1k inches of orange/yellow reflective vest or clothing to be visible to traffic

⚫️ Helmet approved by GDOT

Someone is on their phone and doesn’t see a bicyclist and hits them, they will be in big trouble. The bicyclist will be dead. Just saying….

Back
Top Bottom