• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharing the road with bicyclists

The roads "shared" with Cyclists were paved for motorized vehicles. Not pedals or feet. No one gets mad at the trains when they get hit at the crossing. That area is allotted to them. We accept and respect it. Whether we like it or not.

I know it's established law, but how someone can feel they deserve the same right of way on a bicycle as a multi-ton vehicle? To assume you should be able to potentially inconvenience dozens of regular folks trying to get to their destinations in a predicable time-frame. All because you either; aren't in a hurry to get where you're going, or recreationally going for a ride.

Want the exercise? Ride a trail. No license? That's on you, not the rest of us to deal with.

Whoever throws me on ignore for this is the kind of person that subjects me and others to the stink of their cigarettes. Straight up self-centered mentality.

Freedom can be defined as being able to do what you want, as long as it doesn't negatively affect others. I don't see why some can't understand that concept.

More government restrictions is not what we need. I propose more cyclists edc. I have cycling friends that were murdered. One Swedish pro rider riding to work hit & run by a drunk girl & another dumbass that mowed down a whole group dragging riders underneath his car until they chased him down & pulled him out thru his broken window. Thanks for the exposing the overweight pork rind/cheese ball eating, 45 polishing, cigar chewing future diabetics chiming in so I can add them to my ignore list.

What happens in sweden is not analogous to what happens in the US.

I am a fit 30 year old. Carry glocks in 9mm. Never used tobacco or nicotine products. Eat well (although mostly thanks to my wife) with no family history of diabetes. But I certainly enjoy some pork rinds.

Continue self-projecting if you must.

Me if I’m driving down the road and I come up on this she can have the road the whole road all damn day.

IMG_0064.jpeg

Sharing the road with bicyclists law is BS.

Let me be clear I do not mind a kid or an adult riding around on a bicycle in the neighborhood or on a trail designated for bicycles. I don’t even mind semi pro bicyclists who are on a race or competition where the roadways are temporarily marked for vehicles to know a race is present.

It’s these semi pro assholes that get on the open roads taking up 3/4 of a lane on double yellow lines using 45-55mph roadways, always riding during sundown conditions, heavy traffic, or windy backroads.

A young girl hit and killed a bicyclists a while back in my area… as well as an elderly man who did the same in similar spot… I have nearly hit bicyclists on more then one occasion and I PAY ATTENTION when I drive.

We as vehicle drivers should not have to share the open road with semi pro bicyclists unless some kind of minimum standards are applied and local police/GSP endorse/enforce them.

⚫️ GA Bicycle endorsement w/ 90 hours of bicycle safety class specific to roads.

⚫️ 24 month license renewal of license with additional 8hr refresher class

⚫️ Register their bikes with the state of Georgia and have paperwork on them.

⚫️ Pay tax and mount a required reflective bike tag specific to their county on their property.

⚫️ Have liability, property, and medical insurance through someone like Geico or Statefarm

⚫️ A term life insurance policy

⚫️ Minimum of 1k inches of orange/yellow reflective vest or clothing to be visible to traffic

⚫️ Helmet approved by GDOT
The roads "shared" with Cyclists were paved for motorized vehicles. Not pedals or feet. No one gets mad at the trains when they get hit at the crossing. That area is allotted to them. We accept and respect it. Whether we like it or not.

I know it's established law, but how someone can feel they deserve the same right of way on a bicycle as a multi-ton vehicle? To assume you should be able to potentially inconvenience dozens of regular folks trying to get to their destinations in a predicable time-frame. All because you either; aren't in a hurry to get where you're going, or recreationally going for a ride.

Want the exercise? Ride a trail. No license? That's on you, not the rest of us to deal with.

Whoever throws me on ignore for this is the kind of person that subjects me and others to the stink of their cigarettes. Straight up self-centered mentality.

Freedom can be defined as being able to do what you want, as long as it doesn't negatively affect others. I don't see why some can't understand that concept.
Hundreds of miles of paved bike lanes built unfortunately that are nothing more than new parking spaces or right turn lanes

I get it. Y’all just want some “common sense regulations” on these folks. You don’t want to take away their bicycles, you just want them to be held more accountable. Maybe a license requirement? An insurance requirement? Sure…

…If we can save just one life, won’t it be worth it?

See what I did there? Karen’s gonna Karen, am I right? The problem with freedom is if you get it, everyone else gets it too. Some of these arguments y’all are making are the exact same arguments anti gunners use against us. Just saying.

What happens in sweden is not analogous to what happens in the US.

I am a fit 30 year old. Carry glocks in 9mm. Never used tobacco or nicotine products. Eat well (although mostly thanks to my wife) with no family history of diabetes. But I certainly enjoy some pork rinds.

Continue self-projecting if you must.
It was on Roswell rd in north springs not Sweden where just about everyone rides a bike & the mortality rate is the lowest.

Hundreds of miles of paved bike lanes built unfortunately that are nothing more than new parking spaces or right turn lanes

Bike lanes are not what we're talking about here. Or at least, I'm not.

Staying in your dedicated lane and not inconveniencing the rest of the travelling populace? Not a problem in the world.

Back
Top Bottom