• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHE IS FINALLY DONE.

Do you have a before picture? Good lookin' rifle.
I didn't even think about it. I really didn't think it would turn out as good as it did. Fortunately the lead and copper fouling kept the lands and groves in excellent shape. You should have seen the sh*t that came out of the barrel. No rust at all but carbon, lead dust and I used a copper dissolving solution and it took so many passes to get the copper out. It's a clear solution that turns blue when it come into contact with copper. Seems like I spent half a day just removing copper. It's still as accurate as the day it was made.

I did do before and after on this shot gun but it wasn't half ad bad as the Marlin. This is a Mossberg bolt action 410. Barrel was lightly rusted over the complete barrel and the stock was awful. It had silver over spray on the before side of the stock but I don't think you can see the paint.

Attachments

• 20220512_210708.jpg
    20220512_210708.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220520_141859144.jpg
    IMG_20220520_141859144.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 8
The next time I get one that's real bad I'll get it before and after photos real good so you can see the difference. To give an idea 98% of people would have just said that's a piece of crap it ain't worth a dime. I took a chance at 25.00 and hit pay dirt. Actually I am glad they never cleaned the inside of the barrel. That's what saved the gun from the trash pile.

I didn't even think about it. I really didn't think it would turn out as good as it did. Fortunately the lead and copper fouling kept the lands and groves in excellent shape. You should have seen the sh*t that came out of the barrel. No rust at all but carbon, lead dust and I used a copper dissolving solution and it took so many passes to get the copper out. It's a clear solution that turns blue when it come into contact with copper. Seems like I spent half a day just removing copper. It's still as accurate as the day it was made.
Amazing work. Definitely a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom