Shield 9mm 2.0 for $249!

I happened onto a new P365 the day after my trip to Alexander's.

If you're interested in my Shield, unfired, I'll be listing it later today. Price is what left my wallet for it. $249.99 plus 7% sales tax, $267.49.

Sold it on Tuesday for $267.

#notaflipper

Magic leather.

tobias.jpg

Any examples of this happening with a well made leather holster?
You can search the internet as well as I can I'd suppose. The point is why risk it? When we have documented evidence of it happening and we know why (leather is pliable and breaks down quickly compared to other holster materials), wouldn't it be prudent to eliminate that potential safety issue entirely?

You can search the internet as well as I can I'd suppose. The point is why risk it? When we have documented evidence of it happening and we know why (leather is pliable and breaks down quickly compared to other holster materials), wouldn't it be prudent to eliminate that potential safety issue entirely?
Searched and did not find an example. Other incidents mentioned were due to foreign objects caught on the trigger. One incident with a cheap leather holster that wasn't designed well does not set a precedent.
If it can't happen with a well made leather holster how is it a risk? Your whole argument is based on the assumption that all leather holsters can eventually cause a ND due to wear. There are leather holsters older than any of the members here that are still fully functional.
I agree you should eliminate the risk, which is why I would not use a leather holster of a similar designu unless it had a reinforced mouth.

Searched and did not find an example. Other incidents mentioned were due to foreign objects caught on the trigger. One incident with a cheap leather holster that wasn't designed well does not set a precedent.
If it can't happen with a well made leather holster how is it a risk? Your whole argument is based on the assumption that all leather holsters can eventually cause a ND due to wear. There are leather holsters older than any of the members here that are still fully functional.
I agree you should eliminate the risk, which is why I would not use a leather holster of a similar designu unless it had a reinforced mouth.
Carry what you want man...just think about this: how many people who shoot/carry guns for a living (retired SF, police, legendary shooters, firearms trainers, etc) choose to use leather holsters on a daily basis? I've never seen one or read about one. They tend to use IWB kydex holsters strong side or appendix.

Carry what you want man...just think about this: how many people who shoot/carry guns for a living (retired SF, police, legendary shooters, firearms trainers, etc) choose to use leather holsters on a daily basis? I've never seen one or read about one. They tend to use IWB kydex holsters strong side or appendix.

Pretty sure most police still have leather holsters... We are talking tens of millions of citizens and cops, that have been carrying in leather, for over a century.

If you get some cheap crap and don't inspect and maintain it occasionally, sure, you could be "that one guy" that you read about, and then people like yourself take that up and pretend it's the norm, rather than the exceedingly rare incident that it is.

As you said, "carry what you want". You don't need to keep trying to convince him, especially if you mean what you say about him carrying what he wants, do you?

Just hit 22 years in law enforcement. I’m a firearms instructor and teach active shooter. Carry a leather holster daily. Never shot myself or any other good guy. I will take your advice and carry what I want.

Back
Top Bottom