Ship My Gun .com?????

Well, to be fair.....If you were to aks any of the counter nitwits at the PO in Macongo, they'd tell you the can't mail a gun period. I go to nearby towns to mail any I need shipped.
I told my Uncle in Illinois he could mail me a rifle through the post office no problem, he calls me back later and says they freaked out.

He didn't even box it up, he just walked in there with a shotgun and my FFL license in hand :lol:
Thought they would box it up for him.

I guess that was my bad, instructions unclear.

So now I make sure to clarify to everyone to box the damn thing up. In plain packaging too, nothing with Winchester written across it in 8" tall letters.

I told my Uncle in Illinois he could mail me a rifle through the post office no problem, he calls me back later and says they freaked out.

He didn't even box it up, he just walked in there with a shotgun and my FFL license in hand :lol:

So now I make sure to clarify to everyone to box the damn thing up. In plain packaging too, nothing with Winchester written across it in 8" tall letters.
I wish I had a $5 bill for every customer I've seen walk into the PO and tie up a clerk for half an hour with boxing up their stuff they want to mail.

So your Uncle walks into a PO with a shotgun, and he wastes his one and only call from the jailhouse to tell you they freaked out?!? 😂

Let's clarify here for posterity: An INDIVIDUAL cannot go to the Post Office and send a gun interstate to his uncle.

Under GCA '68, INTERSTATE transfers are required to be done through a LICENSED Dealer. One could go to the Post Office and mail the rifle to dear Uncle's local Dealer (if that Dealer will accept a transfer from an Individual) and have the Dealer transfer said rifle to him.

Let's clarify here for posterity: An INDIVIDUAL cannot go to the Post Office and send a gun interstate to his uncle.

Under GCA '68, INTERSTATE transfers are required to be done through a LICENSED Dealer. One could go to the Post Office and mail the rifle to dear Uncle's local Dealer (if that Dealer will accept a transfer from an Individual) and have the Dealer transfer said rifle to him.
Correct. I am an licensed FFL dealer though.

But I can see where someone might get confused, especially around here.

But yeah, anyone can send a rifle to an FFL via the Post office. Which the best way is just to package and print a label yourself and just give it to your mailman. Never even have to leave your driveway or put your shoes on.

Well, to be fair.....If you were to aks any of the counter nitwits at the PO in Macongo, they'd tell you the can't mail a gun period. I go to nearby towns to mail any I need shipped.
I've had a postmaster (Boston, GA) yell in my face because I had the audacity to ask him to ship a rifle. He refused to look at the USPS website that outlined the shipping regulations for firearms. I was recently asked to leave a post office for taking out my pocket knife to cut some tape. I really think most postal employees are high strung and the stereotypes exist for a reason. On the other hand, I shipped a rifle at the Quitman, GA post office and the guy was as chill as he could be.

I've had a postmaster (Boston, GA) yell in my face because I had the audacity to ask him to ship a rifle. He refused to look at the USPS website that outlined the shipping regulations for firearms. I was recently asked to leave a post office for taking out my pocket knife to cut some tape. I really think most postal employees are high strung and the stereotypes exist for a reason. On the other hand, I shipped a rifle at the Quitman, GA post office and the guy was as chill as he could be.

I would have filed a complaint with the US Postmaster General.

Back
Top Bottom