Shipping a pistol in-state?

This is maddening. I called a local Mail-Boxes etc. type-place and asked them the question. They said they would ship whatever and weren't aware of FedEx and UPS policies...

Here's the problem with that. Numbnuts at the Mailbox Plus may actually ship it, but when it gets lost or stolen, or I should say "lost AND stolen", whoever the shipper is will deny your insurance claim.

It sounds terrible unfair (and it probably is) but you are charged with knowing all of the shipper's rules and regs (called "tariffs").

Here's the problem with that. Numbnuts at the Mailbox Plus may actually ship it, but when it gets lost or stolen, or I should say "lost AND stolen", whoever the shipper is will deny your insurance claim.

It sounds terrible unfair (and it probably is) but you are charged with knowing all of the shipper's rules and regs (called "tariffs").

It's no doubt a mess. Why a shipper has restrictions that are more stringent than the law is beyond me.

We use to in the 60's/70's/80's throw them on a Greyhound or Trailways bus for in state delivery/trades...........same day delivery in most cases and the company would even call you when the item arrived :thumb:. I'm not even sure if buses exist anymore, can't remember seeing one for a while on the hwy. but they use to haul all sorts of freight legal & illegal back in the day.

We use to in the 60's/70's/80's throw them on a Greyhound or Trailways bus for in state delivery/trades...........same day delivery in most cases and the company would even call you when the item arrived :thumb:. I'm not even sure if buses exist anymore, can't remember seeing one for a while on the hwy. but they use to haul all sorts of freight legal & illegal back in the day.

Yep, them were the days. Auto parts -- bumpers, fenders, blocks, were all shipped by bus -- it was overnight before Next Day Express was invented.

Back
Top Bottom