• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shopping for a Mini-Split Heat Pump...

I've got a 1 ton Mitsu split system in my 360 Sq ft Sun room... half height walls are not insulated, just the ceiling and all 13 double hung windows are double pane.
We generally leave the house to sun room connecting door and the shared house wall windows top half open.
Stat set at 75...keeps the sun room very comfortable (I'm out there now) and the house A/C doesn't run nearly as often.

Very cheap to operate...21 SEER.
Capt Dave installed mine...wired (220V) by Dark Diesel.

Unit in Upper right corner...

sunroom.JPG

I've got a 1 ton Mitsu split system in my 360 Sq ft Sun room... half height walls are not insulated, just the ceiling and all 13 double hung windows are double pane.
We generally leave the house to sun room connecting door and the shared house wall windows top half open.
Stat set at 75...keeps the sun room very comfortable (I'm out there now) and the house A/C doesn't run nearly as often.

Very cheap to operate...21 SEER.
Capt Dave installed mine...wired (220V) by Dark Diesel.

Unit in Upper right corner...

View attachment 2134574

Same setup in my old sunroom, minus the @Darkdiesel and Capt Dave awesomeness.

Well... I ended up buying a 15k window unit. My line set would need to be extended which involves hiring an Ac guy. And thats more than I want to spend right now. And frankly I don't have the time it would take to install one right now. I'll have to revisit the mini split in a year or two when things calm down around the house. So for $480, I got the job done myself and get to enjoy the aftermarket bolt on look to the back of the house.

I added a portable A/C heat unit to my bonus room, vented the hose through the wall into the unconditioned attic.

Worked like a charm for a second story 15 x 18 room summer (August) and through this winter for heat.

It is a 12.5k unit, would handle your basement, and look better thru the wall.

Back
Top Bottom