• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotgun/rifle combos

I know this thread is old, but I have added a few more combos to the collection. I am now at 6 Savage model 24s. It is my goal to eventually have enough to one day pass one down to each of my children (no 6 guns will not be enough to do that - yes I do have a lot of kids!). I now have 2 chambered in .22lr/.410, one in .22mag/410, two in .22/20 and one in .222/20. Any body else into the combos? Any body have one they are looking to trade???
image.jpeg

nice to see you revived this old thread.... the savage 24 was a very nice little gun that never got the credit it deserved. long ago I got an old one, not sure how old but pre-68 as no serial number. was .22lr over 410, I wanted a little more so re-chambered to .22 mag. now this I love.... every time I get it out I think about up-grading it to quality wood and checkering. even have stacks of high grade English and claro walnut any of which would look great. same sort pf quality as those pretty drillings. I know it would be a major waste of money that could never be re-gained but to would sure add to the joy this little old gun brings.

I remember looking at and wanting one. They were real nice guns back then. I remember wanting a 22mag over a 20 gauge. That was back then when they were real nice wood and real nice sights on then. Hell that has been 35 years ago. Chiappa Double Badger is a fine looking gun.

I know this thread is old, but I have added a few more combos to the collection. I am now at 6 Savage model 24s. It is my goal to eventually have enough to one day pass one down to each of my children (no 6 guns will not be enough to do that - yes I do have a lot of kids!). I now have 2 chambered in .22lr/.410, one in .22mag/410, two in .22/20 and one in .222/20. Any body else into the combos? Any body have one they are looking to trade???
View attachment 1295060

There's a whole lotta awesome in this pic.

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2015_12_DOUBLE_BADGER_600_px.jpg
Not a bad looking rifle. This pic doesn't do it justice. It has checkering on the wood and looks real good in a clear pic. It doesn't have all the combos Savage has but it's not plastic. I think 22mag over 410 would be the best combo they offer.

I have 24J-DL .22Mag over 20. In fact, I have it posted for sale or trade!
I know. I've tried on I believe three different occasions to work out a trade for it. I've come to believe that one just isn't going to work out for me. It's a shame because that is a chambering combo that I do not have, and it would be my 7th so I would finally have one for each kid. Cest la vie

There's a whole lotta awesome in this pic.
Thanks man! Once the weather cools off, I'm going to get them all out at the same time and have a savage 24 day with the family. Target shooting, skeet shooting and maybe a little tannerite! I have contemplated writing Hickok45 to see if he had ever thought about doing a video on the model 24. I'd be happy to let him try mine!

When I was young I would tell my dad about guns I had seen for sale, and most times he would say, NO we already have this or that, don't need it. But one day I told him about a 22/410 I saw at a local pawn shop. He said "Well, let's get it!" I went back and it was gone. Now it's hard to pass one up. Here's my 22lr/410,22mag/410,22mag/20 gage. Old shooters but I love them.
IMG_5956.JPG
IMG_5947.JPG

Back
Top Bottom