• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns with "tactical" buckshot, different barrel lengths and options

True but i do not shoot either as much as my pistol and percentage wise Id say my pistol would probably win and I would still pick up the SG first. I'll take my chances that the first round will go boom and the second will chamber fine. I dont expect to have to use the second anyway.
So just a double barrel for you?

I picked up a nice SxS recently. Considering doing an SBS on it.
You do look a little like him.
www.imfdb.org_images_thumb_9_9c_Madmax_sawedoff2.jpg_601px_Madmax_sawedoff2.jpg

Very little. :becky:

The primary malfunction that I see on pump shotguns (other than the Mossberg 500) is user error, like short stroking.

I'm enjoying this thread just because I'm not a shotgun guy per se. So my question is - what are your thoughts on the Mossberg 500?

Because you called it out, is it because it always works or because it is prone to failure, or because you don't see it as much in your training classes?

Oh, and first to say in this thread that the mere sound of a pump shotgun being racked will scare the would-be assailant to soil himself and run for the hills before a round is exchanged...:p

I'm enjoying this thread just because I'm not a shotgun guy per se. So my question is - what are your thoughts on the Mossberg 500?

Because you called it out, is it because it always works or because it is prone to failure, or because you don't see it as much in your training classes?

Oh, and first to say in this thread that the mere sound of a pump shotgun being racked will scare the would-be assailant to soil himself and run for the hills before a round is exchanged...:p

I see more issues with the Mossberg 500 than all other makes and models of pump shotguns combined. The 590 and 590A1 are excellent guns.

With the 500 I see numerous malfunctions that aren’t user error.

I see more issues with the Mossberg 500 than all other makes and models of pump shotguns combined. The 590 and 590A1 are excellent guns.

During the 1990s Mossberg had a rash of problems with the 500: the safeties would just fall out of the weapon was one of the issues.

There was much speculation on why, but I’ll just take an 870.

@REDX mentioned taking a shotgun course with Erik Lund earlier. It was during that course that a 500 failed for me. Erik let me finish the course with a PCC I had in my vehicle. Coincidence... or fate? LOL!

@REDX mentioned taking a shotgun course with Erik Lund earlier. It was during that course that a 500 failed for me. Erik let me finish the course with a PCC I had in my vehicle. Coincidence... or fate? LOL!

Neither...Just a POS Mossberg...BTW, an earlier Poster asked about short-shucking a Pumpgun--That's the reason my Social Shotty is an 1100, with a 2 & 3/4" chamber, running Estate Tactical (Reduced Recoil) Buckshot--It RUNS like a scalded dog!

Back
Top Bottom