• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns with "tactical" buckshot, different barrel lengths and options

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Shotgun A: Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech, made from a Remington 870 Police Wingmaster
14" Remington LE barrel, fixed Modified choke
Backbored and forcing cone lengthened by Vang Comp Systems

Shotgun B: Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech, made from a Remington 870 Police Wingmaster
12" Cylinder bore

Shotgun C: Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech, made from a Remington 870 Police
18.5" Cylinder bore

Ammunition Federal LE Reduced Recoil 12ga 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00 Buck with Flite Control wad, #LE13200. Muzzle velocity is a stated 1145fps from an 18.5" barrel.

Distances shot were 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, and 25 yards. 1 round from each shotgun at each distance. 3 and 5 yard lines were measured with a tape measure, all other distances were measured with an LRF.

No, this is not a scientific test by any means......I didn't shoot enough rounds from each to get an average.

In the pics, Target A3 is Shotgun A fired from 3 yds, and so on.

IMG_6401.JPG
IMG_6402.JPG
IMG_6403.JPG
IMG_6404.JPG
IMG_6406.JPG
IMG_6407.JPG

Choke constriction really seems to make a difference @25 yds. Great comparison! :thumb::thumb:

Not just the choke, but the backboring and forcing cone lengthening as well. Trying to get my hands on a 14" Modified choke barrel that hasn't had the mods done to it so that I can compare the difference.

Still don't see the attraction of a SG for SD. Why not an SBR?

for inside of my house I would rather use a Shotgun over an SBR, out on the streets SBR all day long that way if I have to get separation I can still effectively engage.

Shep, I have some LOWWWWW recoil rounds you should try out to see how they perform. I was going to have the forcing cone done on my 14" but it was tight enough at 25 yards for its intended use.

Back
Top Bottom