• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shotguns with "tactical" buckshot, different barrel lengths and options

I see several hundred new Remington 700’s and 870’s a year.
Maybe I got a bad egg but the one I got was not fire tested. Im not sure if all manufactures fire test rifles but having a lethal device that could seriously injure or kill me not tested before I use it was a 100% turn off. Thier recent crappy pistol line is just the extra nail in the coffin. Im sure I can find another quality rifle from a company that isnt in bankruptcy.

Maybe I got a bad egg but the one I got was not fire tested. Im not sure if all manufactures fire test rifles but having a lethal device that could seriously injure or kill me not tested before I use it was a 100% turn off. Thier recent crappy pistol line is just the extra nail in the coffin. Im sure I can find another quality rifle from a company that isnt in bankruptcy.

That can happen in any mass-produced firearm. No one can say that the Browning Hi-Power was a shoddily made product. At the first gun store I worked at, I unboxed one we had just received brand new from a distributor. Racked the slide and a round flew out. Checked the mag and it had 4 rounds in it. It had been loaded with 5 rounds at the factory for a test fire, got skipped, and was boxed up and shipped.

The Rem700 is a well-made, accurate rifle. I have students show up with box stock, brand new Rem700’s. After 2 days of training they’re ringing steel repeatedly at 1,000yds with it. I’ve seen no more bad Rem700’s, per capital, then I see bad rifles from any other company.

images1.dvor.com_758_205_ffffff_opplanet_dvor_1580_weapon_accessories_large.jpg
I love this pic. Funny thing is I sent this to my friend that took an interest to guns very late in life. I use to make fun of him cause everything he bought had to have every accessory you could hang on one. He had absolutely no clue when it came to scopes or whatever. The one I use to ride him most was damn near a 2 foot scope with the sun shade on it. It was a 1000 yard + scope on a 22LR. I use to get a kick out that. No matter how many times I told him he still kept that thing on there.
I once saw him put 150 rounds 4 inches to the right and 5 inches high before making an adjustment at 100 yards. LOL

I assume you are talking about Remington. If you get a 70's to early 80's model that is clean with a low round count, you can go out and buy a rilfe that will give the sevice and accuracy they can give you over today's plastic crap. They don't make them like they use to and that's a fact Jack. It's to bad they make a great product back in the days. To many gun companies popped up and it was hard for them to compete. All the rage is in the weekend warrior, super commando wanna be's and the natural wook and blued steel ha fell by the way side and that's really to bad. There were some gorgeous guns being made back then. Especially Wetherby, they created some works of art.

I assume you are talking about Remington. If you get a 70's to early 80's model that is clean with a low round count, you can go out and buy a rilfe that will give the sevice and accuracy they can give you over today's plastic crap. They don't make them like they use to and that's a fact Jack. It's to bad they make a great product back in the days. To many gun companies popped up and it was hard for them to compete. All the rage is in the weekend warrior, super commando wanna be's and the natural wook and blued steel ha fell by the way side and that's really to bad. There were some gorgeous guns being made back then. Especially Wetherby, they created some works of art.
Remington still makes very good and beautiful rifles. They make some cheap plastic crap too, so they can compete, but they never stopped building the good ones. Just stop looking at the bottom of their line.

Model700CDL_SF_84028_Beauty-3.jpg

Model700-BDL-for-tech-section.png

700CDL1.png

700%20XCR%20Compact%20Tactical.jpg

M700SenderoSFII_BTY.png

Model700_200YearLimitedEditionProfile.png

iipsrv.fcgi

These are just a few.

Back
Top Bottom