Shotshow sbr that isn't a sbr question

I am doubtful that a smoothbore OR a "straight grooved, no-twist rifling" gun barrel can achieve 4 m.o.a. with conventional ammo. I'm thinking it would be more like 18 m.o.a. at 50 yards (9" group).
That being said, 9" at 50 yards is about the best I could hope to do with an open-sighted pistol, so maybe this very short carbine will have practical CQB accuracy.

Almost done...

Attachments

• hyF4Cpc.jpg
    hyF4Cpc.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 39
I am doubtful that a smoothbore OR a "straight grooved, no-twist rifling" gun barrel can achieve 4 m.o.a. with conventional ammo. I'm thinking it would be more like 18 m.o.a. at 50 yards (9" group).
That being said, 9" at 50 yards is about the best I could hope to do with an open-sighted pistol, so maybe this very short carbine will have practical CQB accuracy.

You can do much better than 4moa with the right slugs in a smoothbore shotgun. Based on the targets the inventor of 1800's technology posted on another thread this gun shoots patterns more than groups. some projectiles hit sideways at 50 yards.

I'm thinking it's being marketed as a close range truck or home defense weapon. 1-2 moa accuracy not that important.
The sbr that ain't. I can still see a major hassle when you get stopped by a Barney Fife type that isn't up to speed. To me, better to stick with an AR pistol. Prolly have the same problems if you run into "Ol' Barn" though.

Back
Top Bottom