• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should I get this refinished (S&W 37) UPDATED, It's a 36-1

Should this revolver be re-blued?

• YES?

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • NO?

Votes: 21 87.5%

• Total voters
The grips are heavily worn, no way they will "clean up" without recutting them.

If they number to the gun, they have value, remove them and store them in the gun's box and put new grips on for use. Removing grips is routine maintenance on those guns, so no additional steps involved in replacing them.

They are serialized to the gun. I will replace them for shooting purposes, but will certainly keep them.

You could call the S&W custom shop and ask them about a refinish. They used to offer one of the best prices.
With shipping it is well over $200 now

I've got an email out to them now. They normally answer in a few days. According to their website, re-bluing is $220 plus shipping. However, they won't always do certain guns. If they are older than what they have parts for, they won't do it.

I just recently acquired this Model 37 w/ a good bit of bluing wear. It is a 1972 production year (same as me), so I will not be getting rid of it. Not overly concerned about reducing it's value, but don't want to completely tank it either. Should I get it reblued or just not worry about it?

Also, the red color fill. Could it possibly be factory? I have never seen a Smith revolver w/ color fill, but this looks too good to be done at home. I have studied it and it looks factory.

Anyone near West GA/Newnan do hot bluing?

View attachment 1248364 View attachment 1248365 View attachment 1248366 View attachment 1248367
LOOKS TACKY TO ME,BUT IT A NEAT PIECE.

Back
Top Bottom