• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shouldering a brace?

Boatman

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Can someone please inform me on what the current laws state about shouldering a brace. I feel like this changes from year to year and I could be wrong about that.
Is it legal for me to shoulder one at a range?

Thanks for the info. It'll help me decide how my next build is configured.

I understand that no, you still cannot shoulder it. i believe you can rest it on your chin though...

For the cost of many of those braces, really close to the $200 stamp...

So I can rest my chin on it, as long as the brace doesn't come in contact with my shoulder?

Sounds like I just need to spend the $200, and not have to question my actions.

https://www.atf.gov/file/11816/download

upload_2016-6-5_10-19-26.png

With me currently having a sig brace on my AR- Pistol, what's the process for me to be able to put a collapsing stock on it legally?
Form-1 it, pay your $200, engrave your lower with your trust, wait for your stamp, then take the pistol receiver extension off and install a normal rifle stock → collapsible or fixed.

As far as know no one has been arrested for shouldering a brace. It will be an interesting case to follow if someone does. I'm not sure how a prosecutor is gonna argue to a judge and jury that holding a gun on your chin with the brace an inch or two from your shoulder is legal but actually shouldering all the sudden make you in possession of an unregistered NFA item.

What if I decide to shoulder my Rossi ranch hand? What if I just shoulder my buffer tube? It's a legal can or worms.

Back
Top Bottom