• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show me your COLT REVOLVERS

View attachment 2240479

This is a 1985 Peacekeeper. Originally a matte black finish. The prior owner let it get surface rusty, and pitted. Thankfully the internals didn't suffer any rust. Rabbit2047 bead blasted off the pitting and the finish, and tuned up the action. The grips are bit small for my hands, but I think they will stay on for now.

Great picture dude. Mind if I steal that photo?

Unless I find a shooter grade Colt Viper...which is doubtful, I'll be wanting that back. We can define obscene at a later date.

Incidentally I found out today that the Duracote Matte Blue/Black Blueing is damn near a perfect match to the factory finish. I reached out to my mentor to ask him how to replicate the original almost month ago and he just got back to me about it.... LOL. I still like the way it looks now. Its a horse of a different color for sure!

Great picture dude. Mind if I steal that photo?

Unless I find a shooter grade Colt Viper...which is doubtful, I'll be wanting that back. We can define obscene at a later date.

Incidentally I found out today that the Duracote Matte Blue/Black Blueing is damn near a perfect match to the factory finish. I reached out to my mentor to ask him how to replicate the original almost month ago and he just got back to me about it.... LOL. I still like the way it looks now. Its a horse of a different color for sure!

Steal away! you did the work. I like the bead blasted finish. Maybe duracote the cylinder?

Here is my recent purchase. It is a 1964 Colt Detective Special with a letter from the Master Engraver for Colt at the time. It has the original grips but wondering if I should dress her with some Mother of Pearl grips or maybe some Sambar Stags.

IMG_2306.JPG
IMG_2308.JPG
IMG_2307.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG

Back
Top Bottom