• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shrimp....

Be careful of buying that "Fresh off the boat" shrimp from the guy in the parking lot. I read an article by a guy who went around buying shrimp from those guys and did DNA tests on the "fresh" shrimp he claims to have caught that morning. About 2/3 of them were Asian shrimp that were thawed out and thrown in a cooler.
Nope. I know my dealer and know where they came from. There are some guys that will also have a cooler full of shrimp mixed with ice and water. They throw in a little bleach if the shrimp get old. Later this month and into September they'll be guys that use a cast net in the sounds to get shrimp. You can buy head on medium shrimp for $2 a lb. I buy some and freeze them for bait.

Be careful of buying that "Fresh off the boat" shrimp from the guy in the parking lot. I read an article by a guy who went around buying shrimp from those guys and did DNA tests on the "fresh" shrimp he claims to have caught that morning. About 2/3 of them were Asian shrimp that were thawed out and thrown in a cooler.
Who in the world would even consider doing that?
Someone with a death wish? That’s like buying from the guys with the freezer in the truck driving through neighborhoods selling discount meat.

Someone with a death wish? That’s like buying from the guys with the freezer in the truck driving through neighborhoods selling discount meat.
Some of the best shrimp I ever got was off a meat truck coming through my neighborhood lol

I've seen it all over and people buy it. It happens in legit stores as well. People go into the seafood shops near the coast and just assume they are local shrimp. I love when they mark them "Gulf Shrimp"....I assume that means Gulf of Tonkin. Hell, they don't say which gulf.

I think a place in Macon has them. They're GA marked for sure. I'll grab some next time I'm up there.

It's where I grab these also. I'm sure these are farm raised but they taste good so I'm gonna keep getting them

20220822_150717.jpg

I think a place in Macon has them. They're GA marked for sure. I'll grab some next time I'm up there.

It's where I grab these also. I'm sure these are farm raised but they taste good so I'm gonna keep getting them

That's View attachment 4641760

That's a dang mutant scrimp!

Back
Top Bottom