• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF Barrier

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
Hey Y'all. This one might be better suited for those that live in the city or subdivisions.

As a former farm kid, the value of a good fence isn't lost on me. In a true shtf scenario a simple, inexpensive fence can be constructed in just a couple hours and would serve as a huge deterrent to crime and looting. Some 6 foot welded wire fence ($100/100ft), a couple dozen t posts, post driver, wire and a single strand of barbed wire across the top is temporary/sturdy/ and a very effective deterrent. For those with a fenced back yard, this would go up quickly and easily in the front. I built something similar in the back for my dogs a few weeks ago. It's about 60 feet long, and took all of 1.5 hours.

Might not be a bad idea.
It would sure make your neighbors house look more tempting.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Counter-mobility barriers are ineffective unless covered by live fire. So definately both. My neighbor and I already identified some trees to fall on the road.

Counter-mobility barriers are ineffective unless covered by live fire. So definately both. My neighbor and I already identified some trees to fall on the road.

A 6 foot fence with barbed wire is definitely effective, especially if it's the only on in the neighborhood. Would you climb over it if the house next door had a clear path to the front door?

A 6 foot fence with barbed wire is definitely effective, especially if it's the only on in the neighborhood. Would you climb over it if the house next door had a clear path to the front door?

Those who would break into your home would see your house protected by a defensive fence, and think your house has the good stuff, rather than the unprotected neighbor's house that was probably picked clean by every common thief that has passed by. It's the same concept as locks only keep out honest people, but not those who intend to break in. You want to avoid having your stuff stolen in SHTF? Make your house look like it's already looted clean from the outside, go dark, stay dark, stay out of sight, but be ready to defend you and yours with deadly force. Locks only give you a second or two warning to be ready for whomever is coming through that door, and fences scream "I'm protecting my stuff!"

Back
Top Bottom