• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF defense’s

And Amazon will ship concertina wire to your door. Not as subtle as barbed wire but definitely effective.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

I'd be hesitant to have any sharp blades on it, be worried it'd cut through my gloves when doing projects where I'll need a taught line. Last thing I'd want is any kind of cuts that could get infected in such situations.

I just did a fast search on Amazon's barb wire prices & it's way above for the amount I can buy at Tractor Supply. For a roll of 1,320' on 18ga barb wire @ Tractor Supply goes for $37. Can even buy it coated in green paint for a 40 year rating outdoors.

I'd be hesitant to have any sharp blades on it, be worried it'd cut through my gloves when doing projects where I'll need a taught line. Last thing I'd want is any kind of cuts that could get infected in such situations.

I just did a fast search on Amazon's barb wire prices & it's way above for the amount I can buy at Tractor Supply. For a roll of 1,320' on 18ga barb wire @ Tractor Supply goes for $37. Can even buy it coated in green paint for a 40 year rating outdoors.
I've only ever seen it used in coil fashion. Never seen it taught. Also I don't think what Amazon sells is the stuff that will cut you just looking at it.

They're both effective and useful, concertina just screams stay the **** out..

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

A wire fence of any kind can be defeated quickly and silently by a cheap pair of wire cutters.
Need something that gets the dog's attention.

Put up a cheap barbwire fence, Then plant lots of privet and blackberries along the fence and fertilize.
Maybe a bamboo thicket ? Bamboo would probably be useful resource as well.

After the Nomandy invasion the Allies had a heck of a time getting through ancient hedge rows in france.
copy.jpg

Assuming no electricity:

A dog is a good early warning system and can be a weapon if it is the right dog. On the other hand they need food and water and that may be in short supply.

I think there is a place for solar lights with motion detection capabilities. At night if someone tries to sneak into your house, they trigger the light. Have a dual light arrangement with one directed at your bedroom window.

We’re talking about living in a WROL, things have went horribly south. I know that most on here plan on a firearm being the main source of defense but you have to sleep sometimes. No need to describe your bug out location but what would be idea’s for keeping it secure? A man I worked with a few years ago had mentioned treble hooks tied to braided fishing line about thigh high. Probably a very bad idea legally. Maybe something like this would be more sensible. https://fithops.com/products/12-gauge-perimeter-alarm
I once saw a guy hook cottonmouths with a fish hook and tie them out like watchdogs. For real.

ya'll watch too many movies lol. The vast majority of the population would die pretty quickly. No food, no clean water, no power, no refills on meds.............

Won't be pretty and life will move on has it always has on this planet..............

Back
Top Bottom