• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF How many do you really need?

pitdog

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
How many magazines per rifle and pistol do you really need? How many do you have? Now I already know there is no such thing as too much ammo but I believe there is a cap on how many magazines per firearm that you need personally. Extras for later distribution don't count. Whats your view

I would consider trading to be classifed under later distribution. Interesting so far I definately don't think I have room for 50 per firearm may 50 per platform aka ar or ak but I was a little broad so lets say 20-30rnd mags for your rifle and 8 or 15 rnd avg for pistol.

Enough to hold all the ammo you currently have on hand. Then, when you end up with a partially-loaded mag its time to buy more ammo. Then, when you have a few loose rounds left over its time to buy more mags....anyway, at some point you buy another gun to justify all the mags you have....look, I can quit anytime I want, ok?:)

I believe that I sit with the theory of as many as you can justify including the concepts of;

1. Have possibly a high number of additional mags spread out among your planned SHTF caches.
2. Barter value (assuming standard mags being stored), ie 1911, ar15 other

Back
Top Bottom