• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF really happening?

To further spark this topic...

May I recommend reading a book by James Wesley Rawles called "Patroits" if you've got an extra $15 and some time on your hands. It is a fictional account of when SHTF in America. It is well written and enjoyable reading. It has good guys, bad guys, guns, blood and guts and a very thought provoking storyline. Most book stores and Amazon carry it.

For the lowly price of a box of ammo, you might find enlightenment. No affiliation, etc. YMMV

And remember..."a rifle with no bullets is called a stick"

Great reading! It's fiction but will give you a good idea what could happen if the $hit were to hit the fan. It gave me a bunch of idea's that I've never thought of!

Last edited:
I have a copy of a very good STHF book titled Lights out. PM me if you want to borrow it. I also have read One second after both good books about STHF and WROL.

Explain this to me.SHTF,in Greece they are about as low as they can go,are they looting,killing and acting a fool?Egypt what are they doing about their situation?Do these people not have guns? How about the regular folks in Libya,are they not armed?The opposition in Iran like a bunch of sheep.Government puts em down and zilch,nada.I don't understand what is going on in the world and no one seems to have a solution.Revolution,they have the opprotunity in these other countries,I think living is a big part of it,nobody wants to die for their freedoms they want somebody else to do it.

I didn't care for Patriots as much as Lights Out and One Second After. The Patriots was depicting a group that was completely
set up for SHTF and the story was a little boring to follow. It does give a ton of great information and ideas of how to prepare
but the storyline just reads false. OSA, and LO both depict normal everyday people surviving disaster any way they can. Both of
these are a lot more down to earth.

I would recommend reading The Patriots, but do it before you read the others or you may not finish it.

Low chance, but higher than is was a few years ago. It doesn't take much to upset the situation, it can all go to Hadies in a couple weeks. Endanger the flow of food or greatly increase its price by panic buying, terrorism, $6 diesel, natural event, rapid devaluing of the dollar, spreading mideast revolutions, etc.... and see how fast it all falls apart.

A couple guys and myself had the shtf talk the other day, they were giving me a hard time about having so many guns and stated that if things really do take a turn for the worst no AR is going to save you forever if it's gonna get that bad it's gonna get that bad and you can't shoot your way out of it forever. To an extent the guys right. But, do you think I'm going to be unprepared or stop buying guns? Hardly doubt it. We'll probably never face what we think we will and I don't get ridiculous with my shtf preparations but I definitely won't be the first one who is taken out.

Back
Top Bottom