• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF really happening?

Explain this to me.SHTF,in Greece they are about as low as they can go,are they looting,killing and acting a fool?Egypt what are they doing about their situation?Do these people not have guns? How about the regular folks in Libya,are they not armed?The opposition in Iran like a bunch of sheep.Government puts em down and zilch,nada.I don't understand what is going on in the world and no one seems to have a solution.Revolution,they have the opprotunity in these other countries,I think living is a big part of it,nobody wants to die for their freedoms they want somebody else to do it.

Greece and Iran don't allow private citizens to own firearms. Libya, they got a hold of them, look at what's happening.

Imagine what that would be like in the U.S., the most heavily armed country in the world.

One of the reasons China, The People's Republic of, has not attacked us yet!

HAHA - I hope you're not serious.

The US dollar is unquestionably in a bad place and in fact, some may argue it's value is lower than it has ever been. Fear that foreign economic powers changing the world currency and reserve to the Euro or another currency is a real threat which would drastically change the lives of every American. However, it's important to remember the basics of what has made our economy thrive and grow the past 70 years.

The GDP in the housing industry for the US alone is larger than the ENTIRE GDP of China. With Chinas current growth rate and if the US economy stays idle it won't be until 2030 when China passes and exceeds the US GDP.

China is undergoing one of the most dramatic demographic shifts. Its one-child policy is pushing the country toward a rapidly aging population by 2050. The United Nations predicts that about 30 percent of China's population will be older than 60 by mid-century.
Is it smart to be prepared? Most definitely! Most things we prepare for are out of our control, it'd be foolish not to but a country wide Marshall law order because the dollar is down... Possible but again not likely.

Will the United States seize as a major player in the world economy? Not likely. I hate to use the argument 'it's to big to fail', I think thats naive but it will take a lot more then China growing 9% yearly, an over sized debt, and inflation to sink this ship.

My 02

Last edited:
Does it matter, really? If you prep correctly you won't have a lot of stuff that you can't use anyway for everyday living. If things do get way crazy in the metro areas and you didn't prep correctly you won't have anything for long anyway.

I hope nothing like what's going on in Greece ever happens in the U.S., but if anyone thinks that it can't you might want to think again. It only takes a few days of no lights to get the zombies to come out and play, unless you live in northern Michigan where the people just dig themselves out and make it happen all without saying the president hates white people.

Does it matter, really? If you prep correctly you won't have a lot of stuff that you can't use anyway for everyday living. If things do get way crazy in the metro areas and you didn't prep correctly you won't have anything for long anyway.

I hope nothing like what's going on in Greece ever happens in the U.S., but if anyone thinks that it can't you might want to think again. It only takes a few days of no lights to get the zombies to come out and play, unless you live in northern Michigan where the people just dig themselves out and make it happen all without saying the president hates white people.

Way to give the U.P. it's props!

Back
Top Bottom