• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF really happening?

I had a friend text me today..."start stocking up and prepping."

Day late and a dollar short will be a lot of people's demise...

Reminds me of when the late, great Charlton Heston spoke of his liberal Hollywood friends wanting to "borrow" his guns during the 1992 LA riots. Needless to say, he didn't let them have any. Instead he reminded them of their opposition to legal gun ownership!

Failure to prepare will leave you in the unfortunate category of the "have nots". That is not where I want my family to be...

shtf is already starting to roll downhill. i am gearing up as we speak and i expect that it will happen sooner than anyone thinks. three little letters to investigate the meaning of.... E.M.P. that will roast your hamster and then you will be thinking about how to live without power and vehicles. also i work in the metro area everyday, what happens if it (htf) while i am in the atl area and i have to hoof it back home to meet up with family and friends. just sayin, be prepared. also i think that the most important thing that each of us can do is discuss a plan of action with our families and friends especially in the case of lost communication. always remember it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Well it seems to me that the more we prep & stock up, the more supplies we realize we need! We were talking about it yesterday...our cache is looking more & more like a general store! One thing's for sure...nothing will go to waste!

Wheither or not that SHTF is or is not happening, is there anything wrong with having a years worth of food put away? Many peoples around our country follow that philosophy. Some religions and many more churches encourage their followers to do that exactly.

In our current economy, you never know when you might find yourself or your spouse unemployed. If you have enough foods stored to feed your family for the next year, it will take a lot of worry and stress off your mind.

If you invest in "hard storage containers", it has a shelf life from 25-30 years. When I was on active duty in the late 60s and early 70s, they fed us k-rations canned in the 1940s ..and it was still edible (not to be confused with great). Heck, if you don't need it in the near future, you can will it to your kids or it might keep you from eating dogfood in your later years (Insert smile here).

Personally, I find it comforting to have a food reserve. Just lay off buying the next few guns, put some rations away, and go back to life as usual......and sleep better knowing that you have provided for your family's future and you have a buffer there.

And in the meantime, I sincerely remain "another crazy old coot". IMHO YMMV

There are so many beliefs on this subject. Some people are longing for a fantasy world where they get to escape back into the wild or hunt zombies. They would be better off reading Robinson Crusoe or going camping for a few weeks.
That said, it is good to plan for prolonged power outages, food, and water- basically hurricane preparedness. Instead of some wilderness survival plan, a plan to move to a relative's home in a different region is more realistic if there is some widespread unrest or catastrophe.

I believe Japan's situation should open alot of folks eyes to the possiblity of what could happen here the US. We're no different! Make a plan, stock up a little and be prepared! We all know what happens when it snows, why wait till the SHTF !!!

my father was a SERE instructor for the Air Force. I was taught from a very young age how to hunt,track,evade and survive. As so, my SHTF kit pretty much consists of mainly survival equipment,first aid supplies,lots of paracord and a mossberg 500 and various rounds to fit the task. I carry a m9 daily and my wife carries daily as well. Survival is key, I'm not gonna carry a safe load of guns with me everywhere if a SHTF scenario happens

One thing everyone here need to remeber is that firearm's should be a very small part of your planning. Food and water should be number one.

So true. I would just add that when you say "small part of your planning", I believe you get one side arm, one battle riffle, and one shotgun, know them like the back of your hand. Acquire plenty of ammo and increase your marksmanship skills on a weekly basis. That would be the small part.

I think being addicted to collecting food and water is healthy. Addicted to collecting guns... well,...fun. A wise man once said "you can't eat your gun, but if your too hungry you just may eat a bullet".

The new report just released shows that there is MORE untapped oil in the midwest of the US than in all of the middle east combined. I'm wondering hoiw long the government is going to keep playing these shadow games with tax payer money, mine and yours.

Back
Top Bottom