• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF really happening?

Exactly..just because you stock a months food and water and keep a couple firearms to protect your family doesn't mean you are a radical survivalist militiaman who clings to God and guns as our FEARLESS LEADER and his HENCHMEN call us. It means you are a sensible, responsible adult who realizes that there are quakes, tornadoes. hurricanes floods that can just happen and cause danger and disruption..it doesn't have to be an Armageddon scenario for the need to arise to be able to survive on your own for awhile.
Anyone that plans on sitting around like the grasshopper in the ant story and wait for government authorities to come to the rescue..will be in a long waiting line, they'll get to you eventually but you have to take of it while you wait...Katrina is a good lesson...government authorities that let hundreds of school buses that have bee used to evacuate people were left parked because "we didn't have enough people with proper licenses to drive them" so the people were stranded and the buses lost in flood so we taxpayer could buy new ones. Realize that government officials in New Orleans don't have a monopoly on that sort of mentality, you may have to deal with some similarities. Initially there was no food, it took a while to get it in there and distributed and there was looking and mugging all over the place.
Not preparing is irresponsible and your family could suffer for it.

Well said!!!!!!

Great plan! Just for more info, GEMA is the least prepared state of all the coastal states from TX to NC. GA's idea is to allow the city to help, if that's not good enough the county can step in, when that's not good enough counties should ban together and take care of each other, when that doesn't work GEMA will be a conduit to FEMA and that's about it.

Here in GA we rely on the FEDs to come to the rescue, so we (the people) better prepare for the worst.

I never said I DEPEND on GEMA or any other agency..I said I go by their premise , mission statement or whatever you want to call it is "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" and that is a good idea for INDIVIDUALS to work with whether the govt. actually does it or not. Obviously the govt. response at pretty much all levels didn't work out too good in New Orleans

Interesting thread and perfect timing. A friend and I were talking at work yesterday about people (I think he really meant me) getting carried away with the whole "prepping" and SHTF stuff. He said most people do it because they're afraid of dying. I told him it is more the desire to live than it is a fear of dying.
I may not last a year in a desolate wasteland, but I'm not the first one to die either.

I live on a 60 acre lake with few neighbors, have water purifiers, you guys are all welcome to come camp out in the field, we can make a huge castle with a moat and stuff if you want.

my thoughts about how close it could be gas is on the rise I paid $3.47 this morning for the cheap gas diesel is $3.89 and steadily rising how high does gas have to get before the trucking companies cannot afford to operate. In 2008 when gas hit $4.60 a gallon the truckers were about a month from stopping all together because they couldn't afford to run.

so if the trucks stop running the local Winn-Dixie/Publix and other grocery stores become empty within days along with wal-mart and any other store that relies on regular deliveries. This happens even faster if the news announce the news of the deliveries stopping because of the initial panic and unprepared folks buying out the stores.

I read yesterday (in the Army Times not thatI believe half the sensationalized stories there but not too far off) that the government has not set a budget for this current year and could shut down almost everything and not pay the soldiers in the military yet still expect them to work.

so with these two things happening in conjunction with one another picture this the stores and gas stations run out of food, gas, water, essential supplies, ETC chaos turns out in the streets from people just trying to get some food. the government calls out the military who are not going bcause they are not getting paid and are fankly more worried about protecting their families than risk theirs and their families lives and safety for no pay.(not that soldiers are only about pay but it will significantly thin the ranks)

SHTF

Back
Top Bottom