• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig holster fitment

Moe_Fugga

Default rank <4000 posts
Also likes turtles.
145   0
Reaction score
Can one of you Sig Gurus let me know if a railed P220 and railed P229 fit in the same holster. I imagine it would have to be a P220 holster that the P229 would conveniently fit into. Maybe? Maybe not? Trying to save some moneys!

Not talking about a floppy Uncle Mike’s holster either. Maybe a decent Galco, or other mass production, leather.

Thanks!

The P220 is longer.

A P229 with fit in a P220 holster, but won’t come quite to the end of the holster.

The P220 will fit in an open-end P229 holster, but the end of the slide will protrude through the bottom of the holster.

There is such a thing as a P220 compact that will be the same size as a P229. If you are not looking at a P220 compact then it will longer than the P229 by about a half inch.

Thanks all. I do have a compact P220 so they are the same length and all. What concerned me are the controls. The decocking lever and slide release on the P229 seem to stick out more than on the P220. Might just be the grip ergonomics playing with my mind. Just curious if anyone had both and would mention that specifically. Sorry for not being specific about that. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom