• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Mosquito - Smith Needed

AuburnRunner

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
I purchased a .22 mosquito a few years back on the trader, and its never run right. I always run CCI minimags and I have 1 FTF/FTE for every 1 successful triggerpull. I have tried both recoil springs that came with the gun and it makes no difference.

About 2 months ago mentioned this gun's problems to another member on here and he told me to take it to a local gunshop in Marietta. When I dropped it off the smith said"no problem, give us 2 weeks". I stopped in last week (8+ weeks later) and they asked me for another week with it, but I don't have my hopes up.

Does anyone know someone who can fix this thing? The previous owner polished the feed ramps and possibly the striker - so I dont think Sig will help me with it. Thanks

I sold one a couple of week ago and had some feed problems that were solved by short loading the Mag. An informed Sig guy at Adventure Outdoors told us that and it worked fine. My Uncle also has one and that fixed his FTF/FTE problems. Sounds oversimplified but it might help.

I'm afraid this one has issues if there was 8 rounds in the mag... 1 round in the mag... No mag & 1 in the chamber.... SA/DA no matter. It frustrates me every time I've ever tried to shoot it which is why I've historically thrown it back in the safe and forgot about it.

Buy new recoil springs for it. Mine needed a new recoil spring every 1500-2000 rounds.

Mag springs might be worn as well if he left them loaded all the time

Save for when the recoil springs started to go bad mine never had a FTE or FTL when running minimags. There was no warning.. One day it was fine, next day I took it to the range it had the same problems yours is having. After a frustrating few trips to the range and some questions on here I bought new recoil springs and the problem went away

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom