• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

sig p250- whats the story?

bearpugh

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
144   0
Reaction score
are these bad guns? just wondering. 1st i see them at adv. outdoors for 650.00. then i notice them on the boards cheap. next i see aim surplus selling them new for 359.00. i'm not a sig guy, just curious. are they a bad design? discontinued? whats up?

I have a 9mm p250, have several hundred rounds through it and never had a problem. It's DAO and uses some kind of trigger module that's different from any other sigs that is difficult to impossible for the average gunsmith to work on.

From what I've read, the problems have been with the hotter calibers, especially the 357 sig. Apparently sigs tupperware lower can't handle the pressure like glocks etc and causes feed problems.

sig shows srp with standard sights at 459, 519 with siglites. maybe the one at AO has the laser that I saw pics of on sig's site?

people either love or hate sigs and I think the lower price point might bring non sig guys over and then it's not for them and they unload them to try something else.

the 650 was when they 1st came out. then they've steadily dropped. just wondered what happened. whether folks just didn't like them, or were there problems?

One of the most problems I hear people complain about with Sigs is the trigger. Too heavy in the DAK or DAO only mode. Even the "traditional" DA/SA found on the P226/228/229/220 et all first shot is a heavy around 12lbs pull and the SA is around 6.5lbs with a Loooong reset, making it more like a modified safe action than a true SA type. There are limitations on a remedy. The SRT short reset trigger is one but even then the action is still too slow comparing with a 1911, hi-power, 92 etc.

are these bad guns? just wondering. 1st i see them at adv. outdoors for 650.00. then i notice them on the boards cheap. next i see aim surplus selling them new for 359.00. i'm not a sig guy, just curious. are they a bad design? discontinued? whats up?

Read this, then come to your own conclusion.

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

"Sig Sauer also contends that ATF placed too great an emphasis upon reliability"

Back
Top Bottom