• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Sauer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've have owned the Sig P6, the P226, the P229, and presently have a P238 and two DAO P250s. I have never fired a Sig Sauer that wasn't accurate. Even the P250's, which are polymer and Double Action Only, are accurate. I never thought I would say that about any DA pistol. There would be no way for me to rate them worst to best.

Looking for something in 9 mm !!! looked at the 238 for the wife but I try to steer clear of smaller calibers than 9 mm but it had a real light trigger I liked that and I came real close to buying it .

i do cause the trigger feels real mushy to me, for what it is it's nice but i'd be more apt just to save a little more to get something else.....or just go get a glock
all my handguns had been rugers and sigs until i shot a glock then realized for the price of a sig i could have 1.5 glocks.

sigs are great and some people whine about the long first pull but it's moot, no different than a revolver. if you're lookin at the polymer sigs go get a glock, if you're lookin at the metals get a 220 or a 229, the 229 is the 226 with a shorter barrel which is why i say that.

personally if i was you just to squash "capacity" arguments, get the 229 cause it'll hold almost as much as a 17/19 and they're good guns. the 220's are single stack so i'd get a glock 30 just cause it holds a couple more and it's lighter and the mags are a hell of a lot cheaper than sig mags.

****scratch what i just said didn't know you were lookina t pocket rockets :)

You get what you pay for with a few exceptions. I don't like the full size polymer Sigs. If you worry about price, go with something cheaper.

IMO, the order would be...
P226
P220
P229
P239
P250

Only reason the P250 is last is the DAO trigger. Past that, the P250 is as good as any polymer pistol out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom