• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sighting in rifles.

Something else had to be going on. No way could you be zeroed at 25 and not even on 12" paper at 100 with a .243. Just not possible.

It's none of my biz but what is all that crap on your scope? That looks like a very top heavy set up that is drastically flexing the plastic RAR stock when fired. Balance is important.

I wonder how high his scope is above the barrel?
First then ngnI thought of when I saw you quote my post. I assumed he was using a traditional low mount on a hunting rifle without irons. That was wrong for to do. Could easily be off paper depending on height over bore.

It's none of my biz but what is all that crap on your scope? That looks like a very top heavy set up that is drastically flexing the plastic RAR stock when fired. Balance is important.

Looks like a night vision sight with an illuminator.

OP check your "free float" on the barrel channel. Those RAR stocks flex a lot and don't hold up to having a front heavy sail boat mounted as a scope.

Man it's really hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the Scope has a downward cant. If so this is your problem. Some of the Ruger bolt actions come with two different height mounts. If this is a case for your rifle make sure you don't have them swapped, the high in the back the low in the front.

I am with the last two members.

Let's start with the mounts. Are they Ruger mounts or a named brand manufactured for your specific weapon? Have you confirmed they are mounted correctly? I will say again that I like to mount as close to the bore as possible.

Just a couple of things to consider.

Back
Top Bottom