• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sightless

Maybe you just need better sights. I just got a set of Trijicons with the high vis orange front dot and man what a difference that made. My eye is drawn right to it and it just pops right up in the groove of the rear sight.

Definitely a good template for me to follow and see what works. Was considering various yards.
After that when I feel comfortable, I can add some movement.
Using just the front sound interesting. I've blacked out a few of my rear sights.

Maybe you just need better sights. I just got a set of Trijicons with the high vis orange front dot and man what a difference that made. My eye is drawn right to it and it just pops right up in the groove of the rear sight.
I've got hi viz sights on my XDm and added a set to my G20. I've got Nice sights on my Sig Legions.

I've tried practicing "not" focusing on the rear sights but it's difficult for me when they are just as bright as the front. So I've inked a few black.

If you're able to shoot without sights it saves time and an extra 1/2 second could save your life.

I've got hi viz sights on my XDm and added a set to my G20. I've got Nice sights on my Sig Legions.

I've tried practicing "not" focusing on the rear sights but it's difficult for me when they are just as bright as the front. So I've inked a few black.

If you're able to shoot without sights it saves time and an extra 1/2 second could save your life.
I definitely get the blacked out rear thing. I always had factory glock sights with marked rears and I never realized how distracting that was until I got new ones.

I try to shoot my carry pistol at least once a month, and mostly I practice drawing and shooting two rounds from the hip from 5 and 10 yards at a silhouette. I figure in most situations you need to pull your gun will be within close proximity, and will be trying to get a shot off as fast as possible.

Back
Top Bottom