• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SilencerCo Chimera

Is the Omega quieter than the Sakers or something? Just wondering what makes this can special?

I'm not too impressed with new suppressors. Doesnt seem that the newer ones are doing anything much better than the older ones. Maybe a little weight, maybe a little tougher but sound suppression is about the same. Last thing I saw that piqued my interest was when I heard the Sandman has less blowback to the shooter than other cans.

Is the Omega quieter than the Sakers or something? Just wondering what makes this can special?

I'm not too impressed with new suppressors. Doesnt seem that the newer ones are doing anything much better than the older ones. Maybe a little weight, maybe a little tougher but sound suppression is about the same. Last thing I saw that piqued my interest was when I heard the Sandman has less blowback to the shooter than other cans.

The Omega is much quieter than the Saker. The Saker can be run on shorter barrels. The Chimera can looks like a "we need to have something new to show at Shot".

I'm still hunting with my Harvester and have no complaints using it on 7.62x39 or 308 AR's. If I want quieter, I have an ARC30 for the bolt guns. I've seen several cans that peaked my interest; but again they are not great improvements over what I have. I think integrals will be the next big thing we see in the market place for rifle calibers. This would effectively lock the suppressor to one weapon; so you would want more than one.

I'm still hunting with my Harvester and have no complaints using it on 7.62x39 or 308 AR's. If I want quieter, I have an ARC30 for the bolt guns. I've seen several cans that peaked my interest; but again they are not great improvements over what I have. I think integrals will be the next big thing we see in the market place for rifle calibers. This would effectively lock the suppressor to one weapon; so you would want more than one.
Seriously? You don't see big improvements over the Harvester and ARC30 in the marketplace?

Back
Top Bottom