Silencershop and My trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackspack

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Addicted to the Shindig
868   0
Reaction score
Hi, This week I went to GA Firing line and bought a suppressor. I had a trust created by NFA Lawyers in 2015 and thought that would work. In that trust currently, I have 1 can, and 2 SBRs that bought or Form 1. listed on my Trust is the

So I upload my Trust today to Silencer shop and they tell me that they can't process my paperwork because the beneficiaries on the trust do not have pics and finger prints. I never had to have that before. Taking my whole family down to GA Firing line to run their prints through the kiosk isnt going to happen. Does this sound right?

Can I revoke the other parties on one page added to my trust and submit or is this just a scam for me to use their 1 shot trust?

Yes, you can have them removed with a one page exemption. Reach out to Dean Phillips on this site for help. Make yourself the sole trustee.
That is the way!

You remove them, then shred the exemption like he said and it is restored.

It sounds stupid, because it is. It's like calling time-out right before you would've gotten tagged, then calling time-in as soon as they took off. Fed logic....:ear:

Just because that trick seems to work for now doesn't mean ATF is going to turn a blind eye to that kind of barely legal fraud for long.

Just like do it yourself silencer kits advertised as solvent traps ..

Just like how they eventually closed the loophole on "bump fire stocks" as a workaround to avoid the high cost of full autos or the unavailability of post- 1986 transferable machine guns.

Just like they're about to take action on "ghost guns" that you build yourself from a mostly finished complete parts kit...

...just like shoulder stocks for pistols falsely labeled as arm stabilization braces.

Just like Straw purchases-- having a friend or relative buy your gun for you and let them do the paperwork. (The feds let this slide for many years before cracking down on it and making prosecution of such acts a higher priority.)

You think ATF is going to keep letting you
submit what is essentially false version of your trust --one that only has a single trustee, you, when for years before you submitted your NFA application and for years after approval your trust really has multiple trustees?

.....Just like Straw purchases-- having a friend or relative buy your gun for you and let them do the paperwork. (The feds let this slide for many years before cracking down on it and making prosecution of such acts a higher priority.)
That is pure bullshyte. Prosecutions for "straw purchases" are as rare as prosecutions for "felon attempting to purchase a firearm" after a denial from N.I.C.S. They just don't happen in real life. The feds aren't "cracking down" on anything related to straw purchases. If they were, the prisons would be full of ratchets demanding their rights.

I have some on a trust. But when ycjaet all I just put my last on a form 4 in my name.
I will add it later when they are all here at one time or when I die it can sit in the safe.
or they can arrest me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom