• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver/Gold

MMatt30

Default rank <5000 posts
Hey.....pull my finger.
24   0
Reaction score
Should I be investing in silver, especially junk silver coins????

I'm feeling that these will be valuable measure of exchange when the dollar collapses.

I'm thinking that Kennedy Half dollars would be the way to go.

I'm also seeing some Gold Mexican Pesos that I could afford to acquire a few just to have a little amount of gold on hand.

I know that I behind in the game on this, but better late than never.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are rounds?

Jargon for round silver, 0.999 pure. For example, like this:

www.silvercoinstoday.com_wp_content_images_2010_06_2010_Kitco_1_oz_Silver_Round.jpg

or this:

www.coin_rare.com_images_products_display_BuffaloSilverHalfOunceOBVREV700px.jpg

Look like coins, often decorative in some way, but generally minted as a convenient form for buying/selling/trading in nice, easy to value units (1/4oz, 1/2oz, 1oz, etc.)

Haven't followed it closely, but because of Libya and the mideast in general, think gold and silver are probably peaking. Might be a good idea to wait a few weeks and see if it's going to comeback to earth.

Nothing inherently wrong with owning gold and silver as an investment. But as others have said, it's probably not the best time to get into that market. I'm just suspicious of all the people selling gold right now, all the ads on TV, etc...if my FRNs are so worthless and their gold is so valuable, why are they willing to trade the former for the latter?

If a real SHTF is really coming soon, you're better off stocking up on lead and brass rather than gold and silver.

If one were going to invest, let's say $10,000 in gold or silver this month FOR THE SHTF REASONS ONLY, as you're describing ^^^^ above:

IMO, I would rather buy and have shipped to me $10,000 of ammo at wholesale prices.

The MOST common rounds.. 9,mm, 223(556), 7,62x39.. .22lr and some misc.12-guage

EVERYBODY has these ^^^ calibers

You will be able to trade it for milk, bread, gasoline.. and you are buying AMMO at good value.. not precious metals that are possibly at the high (unknown) of the market.

Good success!

The most precious metals in a SHTF scenario are brass and lead. If you can't see that, you're just plain ignorant. Yea, I JUST went there.

Back
Top Bottom