• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver/Gold

DURING a SHTF situation metals will be useless. However after the situation metals will be tender. Paper will be useless except for toilet paper.

DURING a SHTF situation metals will be useless. However after the situation metals will be tender. Paper will be useless except for toilet paper.

Exactly! Glad you saw my point and can think a little longer term than some.

If I had to guess, I would say that any of these "SHTF" scenarios that we speak will probably not play out like alot of us plan for. After all, we are an extremely techno-advanced, BIG government, low opposition nation. We aren't really the type of nation to be imposed upon by it's citizens more so than it's government. I doubt we will ever see the day that we are fighting off other men, women and thugs and attempting to keep them out of our food stash due to widespread shortages and if it is, I would venture to say it would be very short term. Think about it. If it comes down to such, would you not expect that the military will already be in full force policing the nation at a communistic level? We can speculate all day, but the chances of fighting to establish dominance like cavemen are long gone.

Last edited:
Wrong again. It is used in conductors, medicine, aerospace, etc. Not to mention, gold was used as a primary source of currency for 2500 years. That only changed when society went to paper money....................which was still backed by gold. Dig deeper and do more research before you make ignorant generalizations. Gold and silver will not fade out, nor will they ever be useless, not in today's society. I suspect the only reason you put 100% of your wager on brass and lead is because that is all you have to reference. Unfortunately, that is a wild west mindset.

Wrong again. It is used in conductors, medicine, aerospace, etc. Not to mention, gold was used as a primary source of currency for 2500 years. That only changed when society went to paper money....................which was still backed by gold. Dig deeper and do more research before you make ignorant generalizations. Gold and silver will not fade out, nor will they ever be useless, not in today's society. I suspect the only reason you put 100% of your wager on brass and lead is because that is all you have to reference. Unfortunately, that is a wild west mindset.

Not to mention the connections in most computers made ate made with gold.

Back
Top Bottom