• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver investors take a look

Serious question. What are you going to do with it if and when the shyt hits the fan? Last thing I need in that situation are heavy metals slowing me down. The only heavy metals I need are brass and lead. Buy ammo you will probably see a greater rate of return from 22 long rifle than you will ever see from silver or gold. Just my 2 cents YMMV.

If the **** DO hit the fan the first thing that will collapse is the economy(well one of the first things). So paper money will be worth less than toilet paper. Historically, metal coinage takes over as currency as the main viable alternative to barter. If it does all blow up, you really wanna be carrying around a sack of chickens to trade? I'd never argue against stocking up on ammo but I'm just not sure I'd want to use it for barter...arming others is what the US has been suffering from in Afghanistan and other places for decades. And whatever we bartered weapons and ammo for has usually ended p costing both the weapons AND whatever "good will" we were attempting to buy with it. I'll trust in silver for post SHTF commerce...well that and my surplus of TP, firewater and canned goods and keep the lethal "trade goods" for my self and family.

I picked one of these up by luck this past week. I laughed at the obverse and love the reverse:

You can break it on the lines like a Hershey bar for making change. LOL.

Attachments

• stagecoach.jpg
    stagecoach.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 17
About to head out...I have 4 of these waiting for me and I'm a little excited. I know, only 4 ounces but sill get's me a bit tingly. LOL.

Attachments

• pamp-silver-1-oz-assay.jpg
    pamp-silver-1-oz-assay.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 13
I use coinflation.com calculator to make it easy. Whatever the melt value is that's the price. I sell them in rolls or bags.

Hmm...I may need to get in touch with you whenever I'm already going to be in your area.

I know it's nitpicking but sometimes I have felt that if I buy based on the internet melt value I'm cheating myself slightly. ANd this is seriously OC, I know. But old coins wear down and the silver is, as you mentioned CLAD, so on the outside where the wear it. Now I know it would take a hundred, or even thousand coins to actually matter, but these are the slightly maniacal thoughts I have when down in my "vault" running them thru my fingers. LOL.

I also hate to think of paying shipping since it reduces your investment potential. Just as gas making a special trip or (god forbid) buying silver on a credit card)! ACK! ;)

Back
Top Bottom