• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sitivien ST128: D2 steel/G10 handle folding knife - $16.62

Most Chinese knives are made with trash steel but will be marked as higher grade

While I'm sure that's true in some cases, a Youtube knife reviewer had a Sitivien (among others) tested, and showed the report indicating the percentage of elements found in the knife. Matched the formula for D2.

I have a few made in China knives that are very good quality. Mine are Ganzo. I would order this one but I am not a big fan of liner locks. I prefer frame locks and lock backs. China can build a knife up to what ever quality level the American company owner wants to pay for.

The knife showed up today. I've gotta tell you, for the money, I'm impressed! It's a little on the large side, weight is a little hefty, but the build quality seems good. The blade is screaming sharp, the action is good, the materials are good, blade is centered, lock up is solid, no blade play.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a Chris Reeve Knife or anything, but for the money, it's well worth it. I'm gonna use it for a beater knife, and it'll fill that role perfectly.

I have a pretty decent US General Toolbox. Big one. Spent about 1500 on it. Equivalent box from any American company, probably 10-15k
This. All day long. Been using a tall one for ten years, never an issue even though I have way too much weight in some drawers.

Back
Top Bottom