• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sketchy New Members

Daneabe

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
59   0
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a bad feeling about some new members? I realize that we where all new to ODT at one time or another. Some of these folks just say and do things that don't ad up and are fishy at best. Example: offering to buy a $500 gun and drive 4 hours to do it, have 7 interactions with members and 3 are negative. A lot of these are coming out of the Atlanta area. Could they be bad guys looking for new ways to obtain guns? Could it be ATF agents on a fishing trip looking to entrap sellers? You never know. I just saying that in these crazy times just be careful who you deal with, where you meet them and trust your spidey senses.

When I was looking for a shotgun a few months ago I dealt with 2 or 3 that were obvious scammers. 1 even told me what gun store he worked at. So of course I called the store and talked to them. Obviously they did not have a clue what I was talking about.

I figure it's the same type of telemarket scammers that are playing a numbers game to see who will send them money

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom