• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SKS Bayonet

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
I picked up an all matching Chinese SKS tonight for $100 and was wondering if anybody knew where I could get a bayonet locally. Thanks

It was imported with the bayonet stud intact and has not been cut and milled. Either way I would like to have one . I found a place on the net that has them for $10 including the screw.

Looking up some Info if the rifle was imported before 1989 a bayonet can legally be added. The problem is finding out when. I know it is a Chinese make but it is not stamped Norinco. Also if what I read was correct the first two number + 56 is year of production which would possibly date mine to 1971. Only other problem with that is dating info apparently is not true for all rifles. Confusing as hell is all I have figured out. If it is not legal I will not add it but I would still like to have one. Now comes the hard part of finding out. May e a call to the ATF will help.

It was also imported by A.C.C. INTL/INTRAC , from Knoxville TN.

Last edited:
Looking up some Info if the rifle was imported before 1989 a bayonet can legally be added. The problem is finding out when. I know it is a Chinese make but it is not stamped Norinco. Also if what I read was correct the first two number + 56 is year of production which would possibly date mine to 1971. Only other problem with that is dating info apparently is not true for all rifles. Confusing as hell is all I have figured out. If it is not legal I will not add it but I would still like to have one. Now comes the hard part of finding out. May e a call to the ATF will help.It was also imported by A.C.C. INTL/INTRAC , from Knoxville TN.
Oh the wonderful world of 922r.

Looking up some Info if the rifle was imported before 1989 a bayonet can legally be added. The problem is finding out when. I know it is a Chinese make but it is not stamped Norinco. Also if what I read was correct the first two number + 56 is year of production which would possibly date mine to 1971. Only other problem with that is dating info apparently is not true for all rifles. Confusing as hell is all I have figured out. If it is not legal I will not add it but I would still like to have one. Now comes the hard part of finding out. May e a call to the ATF will help.

It was also imported by A.C.C. INTL/INTRAC , from Knoxville TN.

Do you what you want to but there's no way on earth I'd call the ATF about adding a bayonet to an SKS. If there was ever was a legal issue I don't think you'd get 20years of hard time--it would be more like: Hey take that bayonet off.

I found a sling today. So if anybody knows where I can obtain a bayonet locally I would appreciate it. If not there is a place I can order one for $10 off Internet.

Back
Top Bottom