Slice n Dice a Hog

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Looking for a good place to process a hog.I live in Warner Robins area and Hunt in Eastman area. So near those areas or in between. Hog is probably 300 pound and will more than likely be shot Wednesday.

Am considering a 44 mag to the head. If you think I need to update that to a 308 lemme know also.

Thanks

Countrys best in Jeffersonville will process if quartered up and in a cooler. Ground is $1 a lb. and sausage is $1.50 I believe. If not quartered I believe game grinders in Kathleen will do it.

I'm definitely sure there's more to slaughtering a pig then a gun shot to the head.

That'll do it for sure, but usually the pig is bled out afterwards and right quickly at that.
Need some big friends or a machine to lift a 300 pound pig.

That's a lot of good meat if slaughtered and handled properly....

Might see if you can get the pig to the slaughterhouse without snuffing him first.
The one that was close to my house, you could bring them in live and they would do the deed outside, but that was years ago....

The hog has moved in on a friends property and is eating the horses food. it's been grain fed for about 3 months now and is starting to destroy property and bother the horses, as well as eat their food. the friend wants it gone so I figure it's bacon time.

Like I said earlier, there's a lot to it.
Look online to get caught up and at the very least remember to bleed it quickly.
I've been told that's very important to end with good tasting meat.

was considering gutting it there to lighten it a bit. So I need to string it up + bleed it...? may need to figure some way of roping it up in a tree.. Guess it's homework time.

Back
Top Bottom