• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smart phone gurus, what next?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
229   0
Reaction score
My screen is badly cracked on my Samsung S20 5G and it's going to cost $300 to replace. I bought this in 2019 so it's 4 years old and unlocked due to out of country business travel.

I don't think I'm going back to work in my old field so international travel is unlikely.

Any reasons to buy unlocked or should just do as the herd and get a monthly plan phone from one of the carriers? I pay $45 / month all in for unlimited everything from AT&T.

A new phone could be only a little more than screen replacement if I go off brand someplace like Sam's.

Any advice?

My screen is badly cracked on my Samsung S20 5G and it's going to cost $300 to replace. I bought this in 2019 so it's 4 years old and unlocked due to out of country business travel.

I don't think I'm going back to work in my old field so international travel is unlikely.

Any reasons to buy unlocked or should just do as the herd and get a monthly plan phone from one of the carriers? I pay $45 / month all in for unlimited everything from AT&T.

A new phone could be only a little more than screen replacement if I go off brand someplace like Sam's.

Any advice?
I have like 7 devices on my plan. I switched off of AT&T to Xfinity mobile and cut my bill in half

not a new phone but cheap

Yeah, go to Xfinity and see what kind of deal they will give you as far as coverage. Most all of them will probably give you a phone to sign a new contract I would think.
Play them against each other for the best deal, it’s the American way !! :becky:
I am about to have to get one too. Fortunately my contract is up too and so I have an edge.

You're already familiar with that one. It's cheaper to fix than replace unless it has a year or less of updates then they begin to slowly screw up. My S9+ had its last update in early 2022 and since things like the QR code reader and other things stopped working

Yeah, go to Xfinity and see what kind of deal they will give you as far as coverage. Most all of them will probably give you a phone to sign a new contract I would think.
Play them against each other for the best deal, it’s the American way !! :becky:
I am about to have to get one too. Fortunately my contract is up too and so I have an edge.
No service in the jungle known as Macongo.

No service in the jungle known as Macongo.
You got to get on the local network
678B6278-CD57-4664-A8EB-009010B041CF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom