• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smart phone gurus, what next?

Changed my mom over to Mint Mobile last year.

Unlimited is $30/month, 3 months free.

They have excellent coverage of Macon. She is on the $20/month plan, took her Iphone 10ish over. She is not out and about too much.
Mint uses T-Mobile towers, which merged with Sprint, and would probably work well in most areas.

I dig every part of your comment except the Best Buy part. Those folks working there are about as useless and ****ty acting as any Verizon employee.
I guess maybe if you did it all online...
It is hit or miss. I've been lucky enough to find a young geek who enjoys cellphones as much as I like old Hi Powers.

My wife just bought my son and I Iphone 12's. I will give my 8 or sons XS to my mother. With a decent case and a screen protector we have no issues with our Apples. I will happily replace my moms whatever she has. I can delete everything from the apple that she doesnt need. Its all the other stuff that seems to confuse her.

We are all on straight talk. We cant get service at our house or our kids school so it doesnt make a difference to us. We use apple so we can text with imessage

I worked at AT&T as a store sales rep for a year, and learned the best and cheapest way to have a cell phone is to go "pre-paid". My wife and I have been doing that for over 8 years--$25.00 per month and no taxes or junk fees added like on the monthly plan bills. Purchase the phone at Walmart from your carrier of choice (ours is obviously AT&T pre-paid) then just take the SIM card from the old phone and put in the new. You could also visit a carrier's store and have them help you for free. (Walmart employees do not know anything). A carrier I've heard on the radio from conservative talk show hosts is Patriot Mobile. They actually support the 2nd Amendment, and the plans are cheaper than the big, liberal carriers.

Oh, and our current phones are Motorola g 5G (2022). We had LGs before that. Shame LG only makes appliances now...

Oh, and our current phones are Motorola g 5G (2022). We had LGs before that. Shame LG only makes appliances now...
Yeah. I've had LG and like that they don't all the custom crap that you get with Samsung and the big names ("gotta make it custom, so users remember that it's ours").
Gonna have to look around when this one breaks.

Didn't read all of these so maybe it's been said. Switched all three of our lines to t-mobile. Total bill all in is $105 each month or $35 per line. Included new phones and unlimited everything. I don't remember the last time I actually paid for a phone. And yes getting it as part of an increased monthly payment is paying for it. Homie don't play that.

Back
Top Bottom