Smart Phone Repair Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRM

Army Icon
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
My wife washed her samung galaxy s3 lte phone. The touch screen works, but is black (lcd is still off after power on). All of the controls seem to function except the back light. An internet search revealed that the likely problem is the u706 or u707 components located under the sim card.

There is insurance on the phone with a 150$ deductable. She hates the phone anyway. Anyone have experience fixing this issue? I have yet to purchase the correct screw driver and dissassemble it and I have seen posts where a cleaning of those components brought the phone back to life.

Anyone? Thanks

Have you tried drying it out in rice?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403277858.072123.jpg

I'm not a big rice fan, so there is none at the house. I left it on a fan running on high all night. Heated it up on the toaster oven some.

Well she is eligible for an upgrade, however, due to service problems, I was going to change carriers. I could take the old phone to the new carrier. I could pay the 150 and get a new one and then change carriers. I'm not electronics savy and there could be an easy answer. If it were drum brakes, I'd be golden...

The problem with drying it out is that probably takes a couple days and she needs her phone now basically. I think that the problem with the water is that corrosion has started and if drying it out would fix it, then it the connection would need to be cleaned manually.

Well she is eligible for an upgrade, however, due to service problems, I was going to change carriers. I could take the old phone to the new carrier. I could pay the 150 and get a new one and then change carriers. I'm not electronics savy and there could be an easy answer. If it were drum brakes, I'd be golden...

If you were going to change carriers anyways just get a new phone with the new carrier. The competition is so fierce between carriers these days you would more than likely get a free phone anyways and will probably even give you a bill credit for switching to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom