• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake Gun... Judge or 357?

You'll end up leaving the Judge at home. The thing is a tank.

Get a Ruger LCR in 357, or (cheaper) 38 Spl and get yourself some shot loads. The LCR is light, low costs, easy to shoot and dead-nuts reliable. Plus it won't rust if you leave it in your tackle box.

I have never had a problem with snakes, even after living down in Marshallville GA in the early 70s and we had snakes everywhere down there.
I can't imagine having to buy a gun specifically for snakes. Can't you just carry a long stick?
There are still huge snake down there. I think the Flint River is to blame......

I am debating between a Judge and a 357/38 revolver with rat shot for snakes...

Judge: polymer shooting 410

357/38: likely Taurus for the price with rat shot

Any suggestions or knowledge between preferences would be greatly appreciated.
I'm more of the mind... "12 ga or Anything Full Auto". Works for big spiders too.

I have lived and worked in the jungle, desert & wooded terrain all over the world including the same here in the then US of A. Come across some snakes in Africa and South America that would blow your mind (Fer de Lance). Other than killng one to eat and one that would not move out of the path of a linear infantry company movement.
They were killed with a machete. Other than that we just walked around them with the exception of an occasional yahoo that did not know better.

In your residential yard protecting your familiy is #1. A hoe is just as effective but some snake shot of .22 cal up is just fine.

Back
Top Bottom