• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake Sighting

Redclay

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
77   0
Reaction score
Found him this morning in the garage and I'm pretty sure he's an Eastern Kingsnake. Happy to have him around the house taking care of rodents and the possible copperhead once in a while!
20210526_110247.jpg

I have a big roll of fence wire that I kind of tossed into the edge of the woods.
Yesterday I needed a piece but when I went to get some there was a rat snake wrapped all around and in it.
Sucker wouldn't leave, I poked him, I prodded him, I called him names but he just dug in deeper and stood his ground. Eventually I gave up and just figured I'd come back later. He earns his keep and if he wanted the damn spot I guess it was his for now and I didn't want to take a chance on running him off.
Snake-1 Me-0

Free to a good home. You catch him you keep him. Been hanging around my chicken coop.
View attachment 3281383
Not sure if it's just the picture angle or not but that dude looks LONG. Biggest one I've ever seen is pushing 7' (and I believe 6' is about as big as they normally get) and he's been living in my shed at my cabin for years. I've pretty much given it to him. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom