• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake

Someone ran over this guy on the side of the road just up from my house yesterday. He was still alive but I'm sure he didn't make it. I kinda hate that he got hit but he was right in front of someone's house.

View attachment 1280575

You'd be amazed what they can live through.

Killed another one in the yard just a little while ago. This one was a little bigger around than the one Friday, was 61" long and had 8 rattles and a button. It has either recently ate or getting ready to give birth (not sure when that happens for snakes). Not gonna cut it open to see!

Yall be careful out there!!!

I just picked up a pair of Lacrosse snake boots this afternoon. I'm going to feel much more at ease walking in the woods now.

I got a pair of knee high one a couple years ago when my brother had a near miss. He got hit on the ankle thru his tennis shoe but no venom injected. It had to be a really small one as the fang marks were just over 1/3" apart. He said it burned like someone put a lit match to his foot. He allergic to bees, so this could have ended badly. Snake boots are a lot cheaper than a trip to the ER.

I got a pair of knee high one a couple years ago when my brother had a near miss. He got hit on the ankle thru his tennis shoe but no venom injected. It had to be a really small one as the fang marks were just over 1/3" apart. He said it burned like someone put a lit match to his foot. He allergic to bees, so this could have ended badly. Snake boots are a lot cheaper than a trip to the ER.
Wise choice. The boots are a lot cheaper.
I'd opt for slip on or side zip. I read about a fella who had a canebrake get its fangs tangled up in the laces on his snake boot when it struck him. He had to beat it to death while it dangled from his boot!

I think they are 18" slip on; come up to the bottom of my knee. I've hunting in them the last 2 years until it gets cold. Not the best for climbing and sitting in a stand; but haven't had any ER visits either.

I got the Lacrosse 4x Alpha's. They are a 16" slip on boot. I'm going to use my brush mower in the woods behind the house in the next couple weeks. We will see how comfortable they really are.

Comfort is okay; but mine don't breathe much and your feet will sweat. I also got a pair of snake chaps that I use when mowing the natural area behind my house. Not for snakes; but for stuff hitting my legs and leaving big whelps. Nothing like pulling a little piece of wood out of your shin to make your day.